Ways to use Peppermint Essential Oil for the Holidays:
- Upset tummies from too much good food
- Pick me up and energize
- Keeping colds at bay
- Concentration & focus
- Stress headaches
How to use peppermint essential oil for the Holidays.
- 2 drops on the shower floor before you step in to keep colds at bay
- 1 drop on a cotton ball and put in your car to help you concentrate and focus while driving
- Diffuse 4 to 5 drops in an Aromatherapy Diffuser for some Holiday cheer
- Add 5 drops to 2 Tablespoons jojoba oil or lotion. Mix well and rub on upset tummies.
- Use this same mixture to rub on temples and back of necks for stress headaches
Some Safety considerations to remember when using peppermint essential oil:Peppermint can be skin irritating, so I don't recommend bathing in it or using it undiluted on the skin. If you have sensitive skin, do a patch test with one of the recipes above on the inside of your arm and wait 20 minutes to see if you have a reaction. Peppermint is also not recommended for pregnant women or children under the age of 5 as it can be too stimulating for them. It can also antidote homeopathic remedies, so best to avoid Peppermint if you are taking them.